1) Send me an email describing your ebook project with the following details:
* the book’s title
* the author’s name or the pen name as it should appear on the cover
* any blurbs or endorsements that you want on the cover
* who your target audience is
* what you would like to communicate to your readers in your cover picture
* other specific details like colors or type of font (if you know what kind you want)
* attach any images that you would like to incorporate into the cover (must be at least 300dpi)
* a summary/description of your book. The better I understand your story, the smoother and quicker the creation process will go. I encourage you to look for books with similar topics to yours at Amazon.com or Smashwords.com and copy and paste links to those books’ images in your mail to me so I can see them, too. Or you can just link to covers that you like or have the same kind of feeling you are after.
2) After I have reviewed your project needs, I will contact you and we will talk about a timeline for completion and the cost. The time to completion and the cost will both depend on the amount of work and complexity of your desired design. Based on your input, I will create a simple concept cover for your review. If the concept cover is acceptable to you, I will begin working on the final product.
3) Once the final product is completed, I will send you a watermarked copy for your review. I will work with you until you have the cover that you want, with the basic understanding that you will not change the concept of the design that we have already agreed upon. You may change the concept, but I will add extra charges for my time. However, I will make changes to your title and or blurb all the way up to the publication for free as I know that these can change many times before a book's actual publishing.
4) After you have approved the completed ebook cover, I will send you a PayPal invoice that you can pay conveniently with your credit card or PayPal account.
5) Once I have confirmed your PayPal payment, I will immediately send you your completed cover image(s) with the watermark removed, of course.
Here is my email address if you are ready to discuss your e-book project now: firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: How much does it cost to have you custom make my ebook cover?
A:The cost depends on the complexity of desired design, but I have two services available that you may consider, depending on your budget:
1) For a simple ebook design that uses only a single image or photo, with title, author name and blurb text in typical fonts, I charge a fee of $199. Nice price! If there are a lot of upgrades requested during the concept stage, or numerous changes or adjustments to original concept are requested after concept has been accepted, additional fees may be added up to a maximum total of $300.
2) For a more complex design that requires multiple images or layers and custom textures, and complicated or hard-to-find fonts, I charge $299. Nice price! Only if there are a lot of upgrades requested during the concept stage, or numerous changes or adjustments to original concept are requested after concept has been accepted, additional fees may be added at a rate of $49 per hour. Great Price!
3) Get a FREE ebook cover design for your book!!
**** For a limited time, I will consider trading exposure/traffic as payment for an ebook cover design: If you have a popular ebook-related website, or popular blog that is concerned with e-books and you will write a favorable blog about my services (after I have made a great cover for you!), I will consider a trade with you. If you have an ebook already written or nearly finished and need a great cover but can't spend the cash, contact me at the email listed at the bottom of this page to discuss this kind of trade with me.****
4) ****I will consider creating a free ebook cover if your ebook is about The Awakeningand your book is, or will be available to readers for FREE when it's published. If you have personally had The Awakening (In Lak'ech), then you know exactly what I am talking about and I would love to hear from you!****
Q: I heard you can get ebook cover-generator software for about $39 bucks. Why should I hire a real artist and pay more than $39 bucks?
A: First, ask yourself what you think your e-book is worth. Did it take you 10 minutes to write it? Did you pour your heart into it? Did you put your blood, sweat, tears and creativity into it? Okay, then why would you put a cover on it that makes it look like it was made in 10 minutes? Finally, remember, you are competing with a LOT of other authors and a LOT of other ebooks. If you really want people to read yours, then make a lasting first impression.
Q: What does your work involve?
A: It depends on your order, but it can involve photo/image-research, image creation, image re-touching and or photo/image layering/montage, blending, application of filters,
effects, composition, color selection, font selection and composition and effects to name a few things. I do some custom photos and illustrations - it depends on the subject matter- these can cost a great deal more time and money to design from scratch - but ask me for a quote anyway if you have a special project that you really want an original image for.
Q: If I don’t have original photos or illustrations that I would like to use in my ebook cover art, where can I find/purchase some?
A: You can go to one of the following royalty free photo and illustration sites if you do not already have original photos or artwork: http://www.depositphotos.com / http://stockfresh.com / http:www.bigstockphoto.com / http://www.shutterstock.com (make sure to educate yourself on the licensing agreements and model releases at the site you plan to purchase your photos or illustrations from. Many sites allow up to 499,000 uses for digital books and require models to sign releases- but if you are worried, check. You are responsible for knowing the license details of images you purchase from these sites).
Since you will want to own the license for any pictures you find at any of the above sites to use on your book cover, you should purchase your photo or illustration yourself (rather than me buying them and charging you to search for them and purchase them for you), (make sure you purchase 300dpi) and then send it to me by email.
Q: How long will it take to complete my cover?
A: The actual design of your cover will take from a few days to a week if I don’t stop to eat ;-) but could take longer in some cases. It really depends on the complexity of the design and how busy I am when you place your order. I can give you a better idea when you have given me the basic parameters of your project during our discussion in the concept phase. I will give you a realistic estimate at that time.
Q: What do I get from you when you complete the design and I have sent my payment?
A: I will send you a completed, non-watermarked cover design in the following web-ready formats and sizes:
* psd, jpg, png (I can prepare for you other formats like pdf or others. Please request during the concept stage)
540 x 810 @72 dpi (the same size as you see in the closeups of the samples above) If you need another size, let me know at the beginning of the project. It should not be a problem)
I can also prepare and send you a higher resolution (300 dpi) that you can use for traditional or POD printing upon request at no extra cost, but you must provide (300 dpi or higher images to me to start with, unless I am making you a completely original image or illustration).
* I will also make you a 3D book cover image like the 3D samples above (300 dpi) upon request for an extra $49.
* I can also make you a traditional or POD book cover image with front and back and your ISB bar code, etc., but it will cost a little more than an ebook cover. Please contact me to discuss your project in detail.
Q: Will I own the rights to the cover image once the project is finished?
A: Yes you will. Once you have paid for the project, you own 100% of the rights to the cover image. But remember to review the license details for any photos or illustrations that you purchase at stock photo sites so that you are clear on your rights concerning those images.
Q: Do you create book covers in the Japanese language too, or are those covers with Japanese on them pictures you found somewhere on the Internet?
A: Yes, I do. I speak and read and write Japanese and have lived in Japan for 20+ years now and can handle any project requiring Japanese.
I hope to seak with you soon and also look forward to helping you increase your ebook sales by designing a great ebook cover for you.
Thanks for my wonderful ebook cover designs! Especially the upgraded one for "An Invitation..." I will upload it later today. My ebook sales for the first book has tripled since I uploaded your cover to my Smashwords and KDP accounts. It really made a difference because there were actually a lot of other books with very similar titles. In fact, my increased sales paid for your design services within 8 days. I will definitely be asking you to design another one as soon as I finish writing my current story. BTW- Will you give me a discount if I order more than one at a time? LOL!
Thanks again, Rena & Fox
SO, what are you waiting for? Let’s make a great e-cover together!
Contact me here: info@CustomEbookCover.com
Credit cards accepted through PayPal